Spring has sprung, which means allergy season is upon us.
Millions of people struggle with seasonal allergies every year due to excess amounts of pollen and mold in the air.
To minimize allergy symptoms:
- Close windows during the night to prevent pollen or mold from drifting into your home
- Close car windows when traveling
- Try to stay indoors when high pollen or humidity levels are reported
- Take the recommended dosage of prescribed allergy medications regularly
- Avoid taking more medication than recommended in an attempt to lessen symptoms
- Avoid mowing lawns or coming into contact with freshly cut grass
- Avoid hanging sheets or clothing outside
- Avoid overwatering indoor plants if you’re allergic to mold, since wet soil encourages mold growth
If you’re struggling with allergy symptoms, call 888-452-IRMC (4762) to schedule an appointment with an IRMC Physician Group Family Medicine provider today!