Exercise is vital to living a long and healthy life, but several exercise errors can stymie progress.
To create an effective workout regimen, avoid the seven exercise errors listed below.
- Avoid not keeping a workout journal/log. Keeping a workout journal tracks progress and the correct time to move to a more difficult workout level. Also, keep note of heart-rate improvement by checking blood pressure approximately 15-60 minutes prior to working out.
- Avoid not writing down workout goals. Those who write down their workout goals are more inclined to reach their short-term and long-term workout goals opposed to those who don’t.
- Avoid strength training the same muscles on consecutive days. This can prevent proper muscle recovery and growth.
- Avoid improper breathing techniques. Proper breathing is important for an effective workout. Remember, exhale when lifting the weight and inhale when lowering the weight.
- Avoid lacking a protein-filled diet. A protein-filled diet enhances the effects of exercise and decreases fat without muscle loss.
- Avoid distractions during exercise. Don’t read complex books or watch complex television shows because it can slow your workout pace. Listening to energetic music or watching a sitcom is preferred.
- Avoid ignoring flexibility and balance training. Both are vital aspects of an effective workout.
Trying to remain physically fit can be challenging, but you don’t have to do it alone.
For exercise tips and recommendations, call 888-452-IRMC (4762) to schedule an appointment with an IRMC Physician Group Sports Medicine provider!