Morning sickness affects more than half of pregnant women due to elevated estrogen levels, low blood sugar, and a heightened sense of smell.
Follow the tips below to minimize the symptoms of morning sickness.
- Receive plenty of sleep
- Get out of bed slowly
- Avoid eating fatty and/or spicy foods, as well as caffeine
- Eat smaller portion sizes
- Avoid staring at flickering monitors, such as computer screens, for extended periods of time
- Remain physically active
- Stay hydrated
- Consume ginger or ginger-based food products, such as ginger ale, to ease nausea
- Occupy yourself to help keep your mind off the nausea
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing
Morning sickness typically affects expecting mothers in the early hours of the morning and eases as the day progresses.
If you’re suffering from morning sickness or other pregnancy-related conditions, call 888-452-IRMC (4762) to schedule an appointment with an IRMC Physician Group OB-GYN provider today!