Overactive bladder (OAB) is a condition that affects 40 percent of women and 30 percent of men.
The chance of developing this condition typically increases with age.
Common OAB symptoms include:
- A consistent urge to urinate or the inability to control urination
- Urinating more than eight times daily
- An uncontrollable urge to urinate spontaneously, especially when hearing running water
- Waking up in the middle of the night to urinate
- Leakage of urine due to not making it to the bathroom in time
- Strain or discomfort during urination