September marks Healthy Aging Month and time to get started on better health practices.
Healthy Aging Month is aimed at people over the age of 45 to help them improve their physical, mental, social, and financial well-being. It is important to stay active and vibrant as long as possible to live a healthy life.
To start concentrating on healthy aging, use this month to evaluate where you have been and what your goals are. Use these 5 tips provided by healthyaging.net to reinvent yourself this month:
- Don’t act your age! Think about what was your best year so far. Then, picture yourself that age and be it. This practice inspires positive thinking and allows you to feel better about yourself.
- Concentrate on positivity during conversations. When you catch yourself complaining, try to change the tone to positive.
- Distance yourself from negative people. The people around you have a major influence on the way you feel. If you surround yourself with energetic and happy people, you will start to feel the same.
- Start walking! Getting out of the house to exercise has an immediate effect on both body and mood.
- Make this month the time to set up your annual physical and other health screenings. This will alleviate ailments and get you back to feeling like yourself.
It is never too late to take control of your health and get started on something new. Become a vibrant, active person who takes charge of their life, follows their passion, and happily looks forward to what’s next.