The billing clerk under the supervision of the Billing Manager. Responsible for entering charges along with copayments associated with each visit and reconciliation of all work.
- Verify the correct patient and the correct demographics (address, SSN, DOB, insurances)
- Collect all referrals or authorizations that need sent with required services/providers
- Review appropriate ICD10 codes and CPT codes to all encounters with coder assistance
- Apply the appropriate modifier to any service for maximum reimbursement
- Understands the difference of each place of service
- Understand the importance of various insurance rules and regulations
- Input all charges to the appropriate physician and database.
- Apply any patient payments at time of charge entry (copayments).
- Verify that all encounter accounted for using the Visit Tracking Report
- Remain current regarding federal, state, hospital, interdepartmental and third party carriers including managed care, HCFA rules and regulations. Adheres to current guidelines.
Minimum of one year experience in a multi-specialty physician billing office environment. High school diploma or equivalent required.