Whether you’re searching for something to take to a summer picnic or a flavorful side dish for dinner, an almond apple quinoa salad will hit the spot every time!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dressing: Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Optional: handful of feta cheese
- Follow package directions to cook quinoa.
- Meanwhile, add sliced almonds and sunflower seeds in a single layer on completely dry skillet and place on medium heat. Stir nuts and seeds every 15 seconds for about 1-2 minutes or until slightly darkened. (Watch these carefully as they burn quickly!) Remove from heat.
- Chop up the apple and toss with lemon juice.
- Remove quinoa and put in fridge to cool completely.
- Mix together spinach, dried cranberries, chopped apple, and cooled quinoa.
- Toss with Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing (use as much as desired). Top with toasted almonds and sunflower seeds. Add feta cheese of desired.
- 1 Serving= 1 cup
- 218 Calories
- 6g Protein
- 8g Fat
- 35g Carbohydrates
- 5g Fiber
Developed in Cooperation with Indiana University of Pennsylvania and the Department of Food and Nutrition