IRMC Physician Group Social Services practice a team-based approach to medical care. Our experienced social workers practice collaboratively with physicians, their medical staff, administrators, and various agencies to facilitate comprehensive medical care for patients in the Indiana, Pa., region.
Our social workers address medical needs for patients who are experiencing mental health conditions, chronic health conditions, addiction, environmental barriers, and transitioning from a higher level of care back into the community.
Our team assist patients with:
- Coordinating medical care for IRMC and Symetra patients
- Creating health plans for depression and anxiety
- Crisis management
- Transition to a higher level of medical care
- Addressing substance abuse and reviewing treatment options
- Referrals to community agencies
- Assessing pregnancy needs
- Helping uninsured patients connect to medical assistance programs
- Brief intervention